At 11:00 AM 8/3/00 -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
>At 03:03 PM 8/3/00 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
>>On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:53:02AM +0100, Hildo Biersma wrote:
>> > If functions could distinguish between
>> > 'wantarray' and 'wanthash' this would be easy to do.
>>
>>This reminds me -- once there was a proposal to extend the wantarray
>>functionality on p5p. Anyone remember? Anyone want to turn it into an
>>RFC?
>
>This is a major change for context--it'd mean that instead of just
>scalar/list, you have scalar/list/array/hash (at least) depending on
>what's on the left of the =.

The last iteration of the Conway (nee Phoenix) proposal is at
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/Perl/want.proposal unless he's taken
it elsewhere.  It is (predictably) far more comprehensive than anything
anyone else has come up with so far :-)

Dunno why he hasn't mentioned it himself yet; probably too busy writing
Lingua::RFC to do his submissions for him and B::RFC2C to implement them :-)

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies