"J. David Blackstone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   How many of those large projects have you participated in?  How many
> people do you work with that you have to constantly cajole and prod to
> "use strict;"?  It is indeed an issue, in several ways.

I've done several large projects and it has never been an issue. Of
course, I always start with a template.

>   What if the default strictness of vars was a compile-time option to
> be decided by the administrator of each site?

Good grief, no! Perl should be perl, and not depend on site issues.
And, in anticipation: yes, there _is_ a difference between "you must
install module FooBar.pm 3.14 before you can use this" and "you need
to rebuild your perl".

-- Johan