I think I opened a bigger can of worms than I intended :-)

As MJD as pointed out to me in private email, if we are serious
about this feature, we probably want to go the whole hog and
look at Haskell's notion of list comprehensions. See

        http://www.haskell.org/tutorial/goodies.html

specifically, section 2.4.1.

NOTE: MJD didn't *support* any of this, he merely pointed it out.

Personally, I intend only to update the RFC to include the *possibility*
of (..$x) and (..). I'm reasonably sure Larry will kill the whole thing
-- I think I might too, were I in his place ;-)

Rather than continue to argue the details, why don't people post some
examples of code where they feel these lazy lists might be useful, and
let's see if there aren't already good alternatives.

Damian