At 10:44 AM 8/9/00 -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>: Note that it may not be possible to satisfy conflicting requests.  If
>: module C<A> and module C<B> demand two different versions of the same
>: module C<C>, the compiler should halt and state the module conflicts.
>
>Pardon me for sniping at a great RFC, but I already promised the CPAN
>workers that I'd make that last statement false.  There's no reason in
>principle why two modules shouldn't be allowed to have their own view
>of reality.  Just because you write Foo::bar in your module doesn't mean
>that Perl can't know which version of Foo:: you mean.

Does that mean, then, that when module A does a "$C::bar = 1" it affects a
different package namespace than module B doing a "$C::bar = 2"? And does
it also extend to things like this:

    package A;
    use C 1.2;
    package B;
    use C 1.4;

where two packages in the same file use different versions of module C and
get them?

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk