At 06:23 PM 8/9/00 +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
>Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >Operator overloading is scheduled to be revamped.
>
>While I remember - it would be good if overload mechansim
>could be extended to cover && and ||

Yes.

>as well as & and |
>with the class deciding if short-circuit happens.

No.  I don't want to see && or || and not know whether it short-circuits
without looking in the class interface.  My brain is conditioned through
years of C and Perl to expect that they always short-circuit.  This is too
venerable a semantic to change.  Please.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies