On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Michael Mathews wrote:

> To be fair, neither of these are examples of using a comment function for
> "comments" though, but rather using a comment function to disable sections
> of code and I suppose that makes as much sense as using POD to disable code.

This is another instance where a macro preprocessor might be useful.
(My previous example was an alternative to some of the higher-level
function proposals.)
In cpp (though I'd not recommend that particular "language" for Perl):

#if 0
  ..disabled code...
#if 0
   ..older disabled code...  now in nested disables
#endif
  ..more disabled code
#endif

Just hoping that looking at it from another skewed viewpoint may inspire
someone,

    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042