  JP>   =for pod perl
  JP>   # this line goes to both the default pod processor AND the perl parser.

but how will perl access that text? what perl var get the text in that
=for block? the proposal for a special here doc notation is possible but
that can be hard for pod to parse unless we restrict the format.

  JP> While I'm on it -- perhaps the RFC should be phrased in terms of LP,
  JP> as in: "Perl On-line Documentation (:-) should more fully support LP".

well, i see the problem not as keeping the docs near the code but the
letting the code access parts of the docs. that has nothing to do with
LP AFAIK. but all perl hackers are illiterate anyway. that's what all
our detractors seem to mean when they say our code is write only! :-)

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting