On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 11:40:24AM +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 07:34:36PM -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:

> > > That Perl should stay Perl

> > Do we need an RFC for this? Seems like this is more of a "guiding
> > concept" that should be intergrated into everything. Just my opinion.

> Then we need to enshrine it. I'll cook something up soon.

This idea is both important and more general.  If we go thru a huge
discussion of, say, multi-line comments and decide *not* to do it,
we don't want to have the whole thing repeated with perl 6.1, 7.0,
etc, etc.  When something reaches RFC stage but is rejected, part of
the process should include archiving the gist of the arguements for
and against.  IMHO the RFC editor should be responsible for this.