At 04:36 PM 8/30/00 -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> >the reason that they're duplicatable with other features, while I want
> >to drop chop because its main purpose has now been replaced with the
> >far superior chomp.
>
>Except that chomp() relies upon the ueberglobal $/ variable,
>irrespective of the source of the data being chomped.

I presume that line disciplines will be object-oriented and inherit from
some base class; therefore a bare chomp will use the line terminator from
that base class and for the others, you could do something like
$fh->chomp($line) to do chomping specific to a particular filehandle.  Make
sense?

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies