Tom Christiansen wrote:

> General cases should be preferred over special ones.

Perl is diagonal.  No preferences should be prejudicially deemed
exclusive.

> We've never had named aggregate functions in Perl before that work
> like infix operators.  What is the general proposal out of which this
> would intuitively decend?

Infix operators for other types of operations; indirect object syntax.

Under certain proposals, any function can be defined in such a way
as to be used infix.  union() and intersection() et al. could be
prime examples of that style.

--
John Porter

        We're building the house of the future together.