  AT> I'm with Dan.  Make it an optional runtime for everyone who *chooses*
  AT> to live within the confines of threaded bytecode.  It shouldn't be the
  AT> default runtime model because it is too broken.

i never disagreed with not making TIL the default. the default perl mode
MUST be compile and interpret on the run. all other backends are
optional and may carry signifigant restrictions.

  AT> Remember what Knuth said: premature optimization is the root of
  AT> all evil.

how true that is. i will backoff the dispatch tables until we get to
that actual code.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting