On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 02:01:55AM -0800, yaphet jones wrote:
> gentlemen - gomen nasai!

dou itashimashite. I have to be honest, it's not very often I'm called a
dimwit. Certainly not twice.

But there is a deeper problem! People appear to be losing their sense of
satire; this is terrible! Soon we might end up taking ourselves too
seriously, and then where would we be?

(from http://www.ntk.net/)

               sufficiently advanced technology : the gathering

     The perl5-porters and their monkish acolytes huddle around camp
     fires at the base of Mount Imparseable, where Larry convenes with
     the spirit of The More Than One Way. If absolute peace is
     maintained, he will soon return with the
     Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-One Tablets of Perl 6. But as they wait,
     in the pre-dawn East the sickly glow of RUBY grows stronger. Yes,
     Ruby, the language that says it's like Smalltalk (but is really
     cleaner Perlish syntax with better-than-Python-OOP and Satherish
     iteration) has traditionally been trapped in Japan by the Great
     Font Divide, unable to vex its Western ancestor. But no more. The
     rods are cast in twain; Addison-Wesley have a book out. They've
     open sourced the reference section, and Dr. Dobbs, that gullible
     old gatekeeper, has even written a tutorial in January's issue.
     Larry is wise, and strong. But remember how his one regret was he
     didn't get to a Christian missionary? Guess what Ruby's creator
     used to be? A missionary in Hiroshima, Larry. In Hiroshima.

--
Actually Perl *can* be a Bondage & Discipline language but it's unique
among such languages in that it lets you use safe words.