  DS> There have been multiple mentions of the fact that we intend to have safe
  DS> signals in Perl 6.  I was wondering if it will also be possible to have
  DS> more than one alarm() set at a time, or some other mechanism for having
  DS> multiple pending signals.

if we have a proper core event loop as dan and i want, multiple timers
will be part of that. and that will mean we can have timed out
operations without the mess of eval/die (or whatever 6 will have for
that).

similarly, proper safe signals will store all pending signals and
deliver each one.

a core event loop will support all of those features. delivery methods
can be chosen by the coder, either polling in the op code loop or
running a proper event loop with no polling (which will be faster).

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture and Stem Development ------ http://www.stemsystems.com