> if we have a proper core event loop as dan and i want, multiple timers
> will be part of that. and that will mean we can have timed out
> operations without the mess of eval/die (or whatever 6 will have for
> that).

Event loop will be great for many applications. We probably need
a better way to deal with timed out operations on general.

> similarly, proper safe signals will store all pending signals and
> deliver each one.

There is no need to store pending signals. It will be impossible
to achieve in a multi-threaded perl runtime.

The only safe signals in multi-threaded system is using to use
sigwaitinfo() for all process-wide signals. So there will be
one dedicated thread waiting on sigwaitinfo() and it calls
signal handler when it retrieve a signal. All other threads
will block process-wide signals. We should only use regular
signal handler for synchronous exception handling, such as
SIGSEGV and SIGBUS.

Hong