At 03:41 PM 5/10/2001 -0700, Hong Zhang wrote:
> > similarly, proper safe signals will store all pending signals and
> > deliver each one.
>
>There is no need to store pending signals. It will be impossible
>to achieve in a multi-threaded perl runtime.

No, it won't be that tough to get multiple pending signals for a thread.
Not "real" Unix signals, perhaps, but what look like them, more or less. If
several alarms time out essentially simultaneously, or some I/Os finish at
the same time, a thread could have a stack of things to look at.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk