At 9:24 PM -0400 8/31/02, Ken Fox wrote:
>Damian Conway wrote:
>>No. It will be equivalent to:
>>
>>       <[\x0a\x0d...]>
>
>I don't think \n can be a character class because it
>is a two character sequence on some systems. Apoc 5
>said \n will be the same everywhere, so won't it be
>something like
>
>   rule \n { \x0d \x0a | \x0d | \x0a }

That should be

   rule ASCII::\n

or something of the sort. That particular rule will only be valid for
ASCII data. Unicode will have a superset of that, and the other
character sets will have a different line ending rule.

This, like the other shortcut characters, will be character-set
specific. (And overridable, in case someone feels like making \b work
properly (FSVO "properly") for asian data that doesn't use word
delimiters)
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk