On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Austin Hastings wrote:
: But the presence of the >>> operator

Er, *what* >>> operator?

: (and speaking of low-frequency operators, what about bitwise rotation?
: Will that be the (( and )) operators?)

I think those will be rejected by anyone who uses either vi or emacs.
Seriously, let's not make the $( and $) mistake again.

: means that signed/unsigned conversions need to be thought out.
:
: Is 0xDEADBEEF >>> 3 going to be positive or negative?

Depends on whether you're a vegetarian.  Personally I consider it
to be a positive.  Perl 5 seems to concur.

Larry