On 2002.11.01 19:06 Simon Cozens wrote:
> More and more conversations like this, (and how many have we seen here
> already?) about characters sets, encodings, mail quoting issues, in
> fact, anything other than Perl, will be rife on every Perl-related
> mailing list if we persist with this idiotic idea of having Unicode
> operators.

I don't really want Unicode operators either, but if it is decided that
there will be such operators, I would still _want_to_know_how_to_use_them_.

So let me make my original question a little more general: are Perl 6 source
files encoded in Latin-1, UTF-8, or will Perl 6 provide some sort of
translation mechanism, like specifying the charset on the command line?

--
      Matt

      Matthew Zimmerman
      Interdisciplinary Biophysics, University of Virginia
      http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mdz4c/