[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Damian Conway) writes:
> > Or something similar '>>*'<<, [>*<], etc...
>
> Much as I hate the notion of di- and trigraphs, this is a possibility.

I do like this too, because it reminds me of C trigraphs, which had precisely
the same purpose - allow people with old-fashioned sub-standard character
sets to come and play with the big boys. And eventually, the old trigraphs
died out because everyone caught up with the decent (for the era) character
sets.

That's assuming we have to have Unicode operators.

I would, however, like to hear a passionate argument in favour of
this, because we've seen plenty of arguments against (encoding, transmission,
keyboarding, etc.) but not all that many in favour, so a nice definitive one
would be helpful.

--
<evilPetey> I often think I'd get better throughput yelling at the modem.