At 8:22 AM +1100 11/18/02, Damian Conway wrote:
Luke Palmer asked:

Of course, there will be a pragma or something to instruct it to
operate serially, yes?
I doubt it. Unless there's a pragma to instruct threads to operate
serially.

In any case, I'm not sure what such a pragma would buy you. The
ordering of evaluation would still be inherently unordered.

BTW, in thinking about it further, I realize that Dan is going
to have to tackle this issue anyway. There's fundamentally no
difference in the exigencies of:
I've been noticing things have been getting rather more quantum lately. This may have some... interesting repercussions, as that has some subtle and not so subtle ramifications in how the interpreter needs to behave.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk