Martin D Kealey:
# On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 15:01, Brent Dax wrote:
# > We need that capability if we're going to have lexically-scoped
# > exports:
#
# Whilst it would be useful for pragmatic modules to access
# anything and everything in the current compilation scope, I
# submit that access to dynamic scope should (in general) be
# more closely controlled... and of course the former can be
# used to implement the latter:
#
#   use visible '$topic';
#
#   no visible '$_';

        if($error) {
                require Carp;
                import Carp: 'croak';
                croak($error);
        }

Are you suggesting this?

        if($error) {
                use visible '&croak';
                require Carp;
                import Carp: 'croak';
                croak($error);
        }

That'll add up rather quickly, and further is dangerously easy to subtly
screw up.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

"If you want to propagate an outrageously evil idea, your conclusion
must be brazenly clear, but your proof unintelligible."
    --Ayn Rand, explaining how today's philosophies came to be