On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 07:29:37AM -0800, Austin Hastings wrote:
This has been alluded to before.

What would /A*B*/ produce?

Because if you were just processing the rex, I think you'd have to
finish generating all possibilities of A* before you began iterating
over B*...

The "proper" way would be to first produce all possibilities of length n before giving any possibility of length n+1.

''
'A'
'B'
'AA'
'AB'
'BB'
'AAA'
'AAB'

I haven't spent a milisecond of working out whether that's feasible to implement, but from a theoretical POV it seems like the solution.

--
Matthijs van Duin  --  May the Forth be with you!