Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  % grep printf cvs/modules/**/*pm | wc -l
>      15
>  % grep -v printf cvs/modules/**/*pm | wc -l
>   15360
>
> Well, 0.1% agreed, anyway.

Could also mean the current printf syntax is not too popular.
Reusable code is also less likely to use it than the day-to-day code
one writes anew each time (being annoyed about printf).

There should be guidelines about what postings are appreciated on
perl6-language. I'd happily obey them. dev.perl.org says

   the language.

It's somewhat unnerving to post on topic and (hopefully) politely and
get a cold (less on topic) reply from someone with "warm feelings". On
the other hand the sharks might miss the occasional bite...

regards
-Edwin