On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 08:39:02PM +0100, James Mastros wrote:
: Larry Wall wrote:
: >And how would it differ from END?  You can't predict when the last
: >time a module is going to get used...
:
: Unless we support an explicit unload action on modules.  This seems
: highly useful for long-running processes.  (I don't think making them
: DODable is useful, since there's no way to tell if a future eval STRING
: (or equiv) might be useful.)

Then the explicit unload can call an explicit routine in the module
for cleanup, I suspect.  We don't really need a special name for it
in the language, except perhaps to set something up by convention.
We might not even need that if we require an unloadable module to
register its unloadability, in which case the module can pass a closure
to be called back at unload time.

Larry