* Timothy S. Nelson (wayl...@wayland.id.au) [081220 03:45]:
>       Btw, looks like I was wrong about the terminology of
> CPAN6/6PAN/whatever.  See link below for details (the new Terminology
> section).
>
> http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/docs/Perl6/Spec/S22-package-format.pod

I do not understand the relevance of ???A: just abstract away the
actual distribution mechanism.  FTP or CD is also not mentioned
as possible transporters, so why is that for CPAN6 important?

For ???B.  In the current set-up, you use CPAN.pm to download, and then
install.  The 'cpan' script is a wrapper around CPAN.pm.  CPAN.pm starts
the install tool.  A more convient structure would be to have an user
application (maybe the same 'cpan' script), which calls some download
backend to retreive the distribution and then calls the right install
tool per distribution.  I would say: ???B is "cpan-NG"
--
               MarkOv

       m...@overmeer.net                          soluti...@overmeer.net