* Nicholas Clark (n...@ccl4.org) [090529 14:07]:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 02:43:13PM +0200, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> > > "CPAN shall not piggyback another language" -- from ZCAN.
> > > Judging from the ZCAN page, I don't expect that uploading Ruby modules
> > > to CPAN will go well, even if that module can be compiled to Parrot. The
> > > ZCAN page gave good reasons for this.
> >
> > Agreed: do not merge sets of unrelated data! Perl6 and Perl5 are
> > unrelated sets of data.  The only relation is the people who use it.
>
> I disagree.
> Strongly.

;-)

> CPAN is the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network.
> Not the Comprehensive Perl 5 Archive Network.

What's in a name.
Is it also
  CPAN is the Comprehensive Parrot Archive Network
  CPAN is the Comprehensive Pieton Archive Network
  CPAN is the Comprehensive Pony   Archive Network
  CPAN is the Comprehensive PHP    Archive Network
  CPAN is the Comprehensive PRuby  Archive Network

So, where do you stop?
Perl6 and Perl5 have some things in common, just like PHP and Perl5.
Some people say that Perl6 is a different language, not a next
generation of Perl5.

Do we need to install Perl5 on our system to get access to the
install tools to install Perl6 modules?
--
Regards,
               MarkOv