On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Saravanan T wrote:

Thanks Tim for the link,
I tried IRC channel felt like not to disturb from their serious discussion with
a newbie
question.

Feel free. There are a few people in the serious discussions who will ignore questions not directly targetted at them, but a lot of the #perl6 regulars are happy to field newbie questions. In fact, if discussions are happening, that's the best time to ask -- if there's no discussion, everyone may be asleep :).

My skillset is 5+ yrs of exp in perl,unix with a computerscience engineering
background
Worked in various domains like banking domain(Standard chartered - Gui tool in
Tk/perl ) ,
telecom domain( cisco - clearcase wrappers in Perl/unix ) , storage domain(
NetApp -
parsers in perl/unix ).

Sorry for adding my personal blah,blah . Hope this skillset information will be
helpfull to
start with .

Looking forward for your suggestions ..

That'll be helpful, but I'm afraid all the help I could've provided is pretty much covered in one or another of the links that have been sent out. But others (again, especially on #perl6) may have more suggestions.

        HTH,

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayl...@wayland.id.au    | I am                           |