Well, for what it's worth, as an outsider - IMHO, leaving "perl" behinds a
good thing. Love it or loath it, we live in a js/python/jvm leaning world.
Perl was great, but it's dated. Why have the baggage? Rakudo is a new
language. Treat it as such - best hope for it. In layman's terms an
informal "Perl V2", ridiculous as that may be to the community.

Steve