On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Darren Duncan wrote:

Ross Kendall wrote:
I was just reading over some of the previous logo discussion and came up
with an idea for combining logos - i.e. Rakudo + Parrot.

We could have a speech bubble coming from the Parrot's beak with the
Rakudo logo (gimel?) inside.

Just a simple idea, but I thought it would provide a good way to tie in
the parrot logo with various languages implemented on Parrot.  Sits
nicely with the "Speaks you language" tag line.

What do people think?

I think that idea has promise, and I would be happy with it sans something better coming along. -- Darren Duncan

I think that the gimel should be the Perl 6 logo, rather than the Rakudo one. Since Rakudo is Perl 6 on Parrot, the combined logo would still be appropriate. But this would mean that eg. the compiler elf might have the logo of an elf holding a gimel, and SMOP might have a mildewed gimel, or a standard mop and a gimel crossed, or "argent, a gimel gules", or something :).

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayl...@wayland.id.au    | I am                           |