Last one.

On Mon, 2011-14-02 at 18:16 +0300, Richard Hainsworth wrote:
> I am trying to get the c and cc working, as these require a compilation
> step prior to running the program.

When I tried C, I got a single error multiple times for two different
programs.  I think my version of gcc is just too old.

However, I would start by taking programs from TBG and changing them
into K&R C (or vanilla C99) using #ifdefs to preserve the originals.

Just as we want 'canonical' perl6, it would be useful to have
'canonical' versions of other languages.  TBG already keeps multiple
submissions per language/algorithm pair.

In the one case in which I have personally compared C and perl5, I
discovered that -O6 is at least as smart as I am.  It would be
interesting to see what effect compiler flags have both in C and
Rakudo/Parrot.

Will Coleda already suggested --optimize and as the platform matures,
I'd expect various levels of optimization to be available.

--
--gh