On 15.03.2015 00:05, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Elizabeth Mattijsen <l...@dijkmat.nl> wrote:
>>> On 14 Mar 2015, at 23:19, Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could you post the code of test_ellipsoid.pl for others to see (e.g. on
>> gist.github.com)?  That would help in tracing the problem (which is causing
>> you to not be informed of where the code has gone wrong).
>
> I'm happy to, but I'm a little embarrassed for you to see how little
> progress I've made since I've been working one statement or so at a
> time expecting a detailed error traceback.  Nevertheless, it's here:
>
>   https://gist.github.com/08e881d7f1c7a7072dc9.git

Without the .git it works in the browser:
https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/08e881d7f1c7a7072dc9

> I don't expect anything more than:
>
> 1. The offending statement.

When I run your code with perl6-m (Rakudo with the MoarVM backend), I get

===SORRY!=== Error while compiling /home/moritz/Ellipsoid.pm6
Variable '$class' is not declared
at /home/moritz/Ellipsoid.pm6:154
------>   my( $classā¸¸, %args ) = @_;
    expecting any of:
        postfix

Which is because my() (with parens immediately after the 'my') is being
interpreted as a subroutine call, not a declarator.

Somehow, this still very much looks like Perl 5 code to me :-)

> 2. A pointer to perl 6 debugging.

* use the MoarVM backend :-)
* For runtime errors, https://github.com/jnthn/rakudo-debugger/ can help
you.