On 9/26/18 6:36 PM, The Sidhekin wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 3:14 AM Peter Scott <pe...@psdt.com <mailto:pe...@psdt.com>> wrote:

    On 9/26/2018 3:21 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
     > Do your really think any beginner would be able to figure out
     > "words" from the above?

    If the beginner had studied the metasyntax of function prototypes,
    probably.

  Yeah, that's where a beginner needs to begin, in order to learn Perl6 from the docs.

   Syntax, metasyntax, all sorts of basics ...

    I heard about people
    who claim to have taught themselves Perl 5 from the Camel instead of
    the
    Llama, but they are few and far between, and in any case, most of the
    Camel contains exposition, if dense.

  I learned Perl 5 from the man pages.  It was more fun than efficient, but I could easily afford it: It was not (at the time) my job. :)

  But we're not all wired the same way.  This endeavour looks to me neither fun nor efficient.

Eirik

Oh my goodness, did you guys ever use "perl monks".  They don't
usually answer follow up questions and the format is
excruciatingly difficult to write or follow things in.

--
Computers are like air conditioners.