It only means that in some cases. Consider if you are writing code that
places items in a grid, and you support Inf as a grid coordinate meaning
"not on the grid" which might be represented differently or which might
place it at whatever edge of the grid is relevant (without forcing you to
know the size of the grid, so it's more useful in a general library).

There's no "think simple" that covers all the use cases. And "if it's not
think simple, then remove it" means you do extra work for no good reason
except to make the documentation happy.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allber...@gmail.com