Possibly OT, the "-er/-ee" boundary has become corrupted in recent usage.
 I suppose "standees" in a bus might be tolerated, depending on your
view of transit riders as active or passive, but when a jail-break
occurs, the former prisoners should become "escapers", not "escapees".
The  prison authorities are the escapees. Similarly, the attendees at
a conference are the people on stage, being attended-to by the
attendants sitting down below them.

</arrant pedantry>