Lexically and grammatically, sure, but a lot of the time people are
thinking more on the semantic and pragmatic levels.  Pragmatically,
bus riders, prisoners, and conference listeners are all having something
inflicted upon them.  :)

Glo points out that verbs tend in the pragmatics direction anyway.
To "noun" something is to use that noun in it's usual pragmatic way,
"knife" being the example usually trotted out as noun being used as
a verb.  But it's also why we get grammatical opposites that mean the
same thing whenever the usual action of the object is removal.

    I peeled the banana.   I unpeeled the banana.
    I skinned the rabbit.  I unskinned the rabbit.
    I cored the apple.     I uncored the apple.

This pattern is still somewhat productive, at least as of the 20th century:

    I pantsed my rival.    I unpantsed my rival.

Note there has to be an underlying pragmatic assymetry where only one action
makes sense, or you can't do it.  These really are opposites:

    I corked the bottle.   I uncorked the bottle.

Also of interest, if you knife someone, you are sticking a knife in, but
you wouldn't say that pulling the knife back out is "unknifing" them...

As for OT, everthing is OT here, since we're talking about Raku in a Perl 6
mailing list...  :)

Larry