Thank you, Samantha!

An outstanding question is one posed by Joseph Brenner--that
is--knowing which version of the Unicode standard is supported by
Raku. I grepped through two files, one called "unicode.c" and the
other called "unicode_db.c". They're both located in rakudo at:
/rakudo/rakudo-2020.06/nqp/MoarVM/src/strings/ .

Below are the first 4 lines of my grep results. As you can see
(above/below), rakudo-2020.06 supports Unicode12.1.0:

~$ raku -ne '.say if .grep(/unicode/)'
~/rakudo/rakudo-2020.06/nqp/MoarVM/src/strings/unicode_db.c
# For terms of use, see http://www.unicode.org/terms_of_use.html
# The UAXes can be accessed at http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode12.1.0/
>From http://unicode.org/copyright.html#Exhibit1 on 2017-11-28:
Distributed under the Terms of Use in http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html.
<TRUNCATED>

It would be really interesting to follow your Unicode work, Samantha.
The ideas you propose are interesting and everyone hopes for speed
improvements. Is there any place Raku-uns can go to read
updates--maybe a grant report, blog, or Github issue? Or maybe right
here, on the Perl6-Users mailing list? Thanks in advance.

Best, Bill.

W. Michels, Ph.D.