On 12/30/20 12:18 AM, JJ Merelo wrote:

El mié, 30 dic 2020 a las 8:02, Veesh Goldman (<rabbive...@gmail.com <mailto:rabbive...@gmail.com>>) escribió:

    No.
    I can't imagine that what you're doing now is productive.
    What are you actually trying to understand by reading the source.

Probably proving his point that anything, up to and including looking at clouds and watching Turkish series in Netflix, is better than reading the documentation.

So my answer will not surprise you: read the documentation https://docs.raku.org/type/Metamodel::ClassHOW <https://docs.raku.org/type/Metamodel::ClassHOW> Everything is in there, and if it's not, it's probably an implementation detail you don't need to care about.

Cheers

JJ

Hi JJ,

Oh brother JJ. Did I accuse you of having patches on
your elbows and a beard to look older?  What is with
the name calling?

The link you gave me is worthless to the question
I asked.

And please do not give me links to the documentation.
The documentation is written as a refresher for
advanced users that don't need it.  It is a very
poor reference for me.

I am not an advanced user that finds everything in
the doc "intuitively obvious".  Several on this group
have made impassioned responses to me stating that
the docs were not meant for my skill level.  And they
are correct.  (I don't like the fact and wish it was
different, but it is what it is.)

And I adore the source code as it is in your face.
This is what it does.  And I never have to worry
about it being accurate.  And I find it totally
fascinating.  Your mileage my vary.

Instead, try telling me yourself directly.  Take the
line apart as I asked.  And no JJ hinting.

I got this technique from a guy over on the Perl 5
newsgroup that had a wonderful talent for teaching.
He would take a line apart piece by piece for me.
And I learned at 299-792-458 metres per second.
It worked really, really well for me.

You are a teacher. Go for it.  Show your stuff.  Take
the line apart.  No Perl 5 guy is going to show you up!
It's lexiconical!

:-)

-T