From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Alan P
Van Dyke <apvand...@utexas.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:32 AM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [PestList] Thawing times after freezing

[CAUTION: This message originated from outside the Foundation. Do not click
links, open attachments or take action unless you know the contents are safe]

We usually just turn off the freezer and wait until it comes up to ambient
temperature with the freezer door closed.  This takes about 24 hours, though we
don't go as cold as you.  If, for some odd reason, the temp comes up too
quickly we'll bring up the temp in stages.  So far no problems.

Alan

Alan Van Dyke
Senior Preservation Technician
Harry Ransom Center
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Drawer 7219
Austin, Texas 78713-7219
P: 512-232-4614
www.hrc.utexas.edu<http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/>

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1rqiR2nrgyoj0efqQIZR-nz7WGyw16bBn&revid=0B14-z3QUvdNTT0UyTlZJMUl4dHErTWYzVWdnSnVOUE90alBFPQ]<http://hrc.utexas.edu>

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 3:15 AM 'Adrian Doyle' via MuseumPests