Från: 'Adrian Doyle' via MuseumPests <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Skickat: den 8 februari 2021 13:09
Till: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Ämne: [PestList] Re: heat treatment

Dear Mariateresa

I have been involved with an extensive review of treatment proposals including
low oxygen, freezing and controlled heat treatment and we have  considered our
options for our new facility outside of london.

One of the things we have decided is to not install large freezers or thermal
chambers but to rent them when the collections are prepared for relocation, and
when there is a specific need.

We do have smaller facilities at the new site and larger systems in London for
business-as-usual treatments/

We undertook a huge cost/risk analysis several years ago and the renting option
was favourable for several reasons. (servicing/maintenance, replacement, value
for money, construction costs etc)

However, what we have undertaken is construction requirement for external
heating, water supply , weight loading for the vehicles, vehicle access to
ensure that lorries can come on site, plug in, and have all the operations
nearby - loading bay etc

I'm happy to chat offline if you wish
regards
Adie