Hello Anne,

I don't have any information on Gentrol, so I can't speak to that, but
we have found several carpet beetles in one of our collections areas,
and we have opted against using any chemical means of control.  We are
using sticky traps, HEPA filtered vacuums, clean storage materials, and
gasket-sealed cabinets to control insects in storage, and using freezer
treatments for infested objects.  There are many differing opinions on
using pheromone lures at all (we don't use any), but if you know that it
was a migrant from another space, I would avoid using lures, which would
attract even more migrants out of the gallery and into your collections
space.

Sincerely,

Angela Watts

Associate Collection Manager