Dear Anne,

Insect growth regulators (Gentrol, Nyguard, etc.) will work well if you can
apply them in a close proximity to the source of the infestation. If the
infestation is not coming from collection pieces, I have often found the food
source
to be a build up of dead insects or a dead rodent/bird within a wall void.
When this is the case, an IGR application to the wall void has worked very
well.
For Varied carpet beetle, Anthrenus verbasci, most adult beetle activity in
North America occurs in the spring season. A sex pheromone trap at this time of
year will yield little information about where the source may be coming from.
Dermestid larval monitors placed strategically about will give you better
information. If you pick up larvae in the monitors, you know that you have an
infestation source relatively close by.

Patrick Kelley
Insects Limited, Inc
16950 Westfield Park Road
Westfield, IN 46074 USA
PH: (317) 896-9300
Fax: (317) 867-5757
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Website: _Insects Limited, Inc._ (http://www.insectslimited.com/)
 (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
In a message dated 11/20/2008 11:00:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,