./config/gmakegentest.py --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug

I have encountered a strange behavior, perhaps only on my machine, where if I do not run

  PETSC_ARCH=arch-master-debug ./config/gmakegentest.py --petsc-arch=arch-master-debug

then it does not update correctly.

I don't know what's going on.

The key lines are:

parser.add_option('--petsc-arch', help='Set PETSC_ARCH different from environment', default=os.environ.get('PETSC_ARCH'))

    main(petsc_arch=opts.petsc_arch, output=opts.output, ...)

So certainly your second case is redundant.  The first problem
indicates a problem with config/gmakegen.py since I inherit from
that.  I'm at SC right now -- I can take a look later.

Scott

   Thanks,

      Matt

    this parses all the examples and sets up the scripts that are run to
    do the testing. Then use, for example,

       make -f gmakefile test globsearch='*heat*'

    to run all tests that have heat in the example name or path. Or you
    can do

       make -f gmakefile test globsearch='dm*'

    to run all tests in the dm directories. Sometimes you need a little
    trial and error to get the globsearch right to run your example and
    not others.

    You will get a little frustrated the first couple times you do it,
    just bug us and we'll help you get past the stumbling blocks.

       Barry

    http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2017/11/11/maint.html
    <http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2017/11/11/maint.html>

     > > If you want to do some analysis on those times - you can grab the
     > > [historical] logs and run the required analysis.
     > >
     > > Satish
     > >

     > > --
     > > What most experimenters take for granted before they begin
    their experiments is infinitely more interesting than any results to
    which their experiments lead.
     > > -- Norbert Wiener
     > >
     > > https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/
    <https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/>

     > --
    their experiments lead.
     > -- Norbert Wiener
     >
     > https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/
    <https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/>

-- Norbert Wiener

Tech-X Corporation               kru...@txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 974-1841
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756