On 5/10/06, Vas Péter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ooops. Well, it was quick and dirty. You'd have to figure out a way to kill
> logged in users too.

This seems simple.

pfctl -k a.b.c.d

Also, I have a tool that lets you create firewall rules which "time
out" at a particular time.
It's called dfd_keeper, and available on my website (see my .sig).
Unfortunately I have not fully exploited all of pf's features such as
anchors, tables, overload, and authpf.  You can still use these things
with dfd_keeper, but it could probably make better use of them.

Using dfd_keeper, you don't really need to use authpf though.  You can
create a rule which allows access for a person, and creates it with a
certain timeout, and you execute that command from a central
accounting system.  You may have to kill the state via another
command, at least unless I implement something clever.  But you can
script all of this, and use "at" to schedule the state flush.  If
you're interested, I can put you on a very low traffic mailing list
about it.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-