OK, now I understood that the second queue specified with the "queue" keyword apply to the ACKs in the SAME DIRECTION. I initially though that it somehow applied to the ACKs that are the replies to the same flow, so in the inverse direction.

Now I understand the logic of that second queue: it is for high priority traffic (ACKs and lowdelay TOS).

But I still don't understand what happens when "keep state" is used.

You say:

BTW, queue assigment happens for all packets matching a state, no matter
what direction they flow in.

So, if "keep state" is specified, all packets in the same flow will be automatically assigned to the same queue of the original packet. And this is OK. But, as you say, the state is applied to the packets in the inverse direction too (e.g. the ACKs to the flow). So, are these packets assigned to the same queue too???

If so, I don't understand how it can work!
A given queue has a sense only in a single direction!

Maybe the automatic queue assignment happens only to packets in the original direction?

Or is there something else that I miss?

Thanks.

    __
   |-                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]