Hello,

I am trying to install posgreql-16.3-2-windows-x64.exe on Windows 10
English VM with all updates installed and up to date.

During installation I get an error message “Problem running post-install
step. Installation may not complete correctly The database cluster
initialization failed.”

I attached the compressed installation log file just in case. What I see
relevant is below line

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "Turkish_T rkiye.1254".

The cscript command line has all characters correctly logged in UTF8
encoding, but the above is not actually correct. It should read
“Turkish_Türkiye.1254” the “ü” (u with double dot at top) character is not
correct.

I suspect that is the main reason for the cluster creation to fail. I don’t
know how I can manually fix this.

I tried to reach techsupp...@enterprisedb.com but got no response for
almost two weeks now.

Any help would be appreciated.