Thomas Munro <thomas.mu...@gmail.com>, 21 Tem 2024 Paz, 23:27 tarihinde
şunu yazdı:

> I guess this is where EDB installer issues should go:
>
> https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/edb-installers/issues

Thanks. I just added a new issue there.

2.  Some existing database clusters which had been installed with the
> name "Turkish_Turkey.1254" became unstartable when the OS upgrade
> renamed that locale to "Turkish_Türkiye.1254".  I'm trying to provide
> a pathway[2] to fix such systems in core PostgreSQL in the next minor
> release.  Everyone affected probably already found another way but at
> least next time a country is renamed this might help with the next
> point too.

I was also hit by that OS update.
There is a Microsoft tool for creating a locale installer
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41158
Using that tool and adding a second locale Turkish_Turkey.1254 (name before
Microsoft update) in the OS can fix your broken PostgreSQL.
I believe most people simply choose this path.
There are also several blogs/articles written in Turkish about the problem.

3.  I'd also like to teach initdb to use BCP47 names like "tr-TR"
> instead of those names by default (ie if you don't specify a locale
> name explicitly), and have proposed that before[3] but it hasn't gone
> in due to lack of testing/reviews from Windows users.  It seems like
> that doesn't matter much in practice to all the people using the
> popular EDB installer, since it apparently takes control of picking
> the locale and explicitly passes it in (and screws up the encoding as
> we have now learned).

If I am not mistaken BCP47 names are already used in Linux systems.
Using them would make PostgreSQL use the same locale names across Linux and
Windows systems.
I can help with the testing part. Let me know the details, please.

Thanks & Regards,
Ertan