Alexander Staubo wrote on 24.08.2007 23:49:
So actually the remark shouldn't be that "the multi-threaded
architecture is only advantageous  on Windows", but more like "the
multi-process architecture is disadvantageous on Windows and hence a
multi-threaded architecture is preferred (on that particular OS)".
Yeah - but I'm not sure thats necessarily something that should have a
place on a bullet point comparison.

You solve it by letting the category be labeled "Process/thread
architecture", and letting the columns say "Thread-based" for Firebird
and "Process-based" for PostgreSQL respectively.

To my understanding Firebird offers a choice between thread-based (Superserver) and process-based (Classic) at least on the Windows platform.

Thomas

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend