        From: Usama Dar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Freitag, 30. November 2007 10:35
        To: Ragnar Heil
        Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
        Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres High Availablity Solution needed
for hot-standby and load balancing

        On 11/29/07, Ragnar Heil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

                Hi

                our customer has got the following requirements:

                Req1) Master master replication supported, not only
master / slave
                replication with only the master being writable. If you
do have multiple
                slave systems they are only useful from a backup and
standby
                perspective.  Our Application must have a db-connection
it can write to.

                Req2) Replication of schema should also be possible, not
only data

                Req3) Not only a hot-standby-solution is needed. Load
Balancing is
                wanted for the future.

                Currently I am looking at EnterpriseDB but it seems that
they dont
                support multiple master-replication

                best regards
                Ragnar