On 6/5/2017 5:15 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
I can't really make this an FK. I can (and probably will) put this into a trigger. Although it seems like an extra layer of wrapping just to call a function. I'm curious if there's any conceptual reason why constraints couldn't (as an option) be restored after all the data is loaded, and whether there would be any negative consequences of that? I could see if your data still didn't pass the CHECKs, it's already loaded. But the constraint could then be marked not valid?

when you have constraints that rely on calling functions, how would it know what order to check things in ?