On 4/4/04 7:28 PM, "Bruce Momjian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK, I know the cause of this.  The problem is that sometimes hostnames
> don't resolve, and the bigger problem is that it requires an internet
> connection to run the tests.  The attached patch tests for 'localhost'
> and your local hostname, so it should work reliably.

I did a cvs update, make, then rebuilt and tested thread_test.  I ran it
about 120 times and got "GETHOSTBYNAME_THREADSAFE=yes" almost all of the
time.  I got "GETHOSTBYNAME_THREADSAFE=no" three times.  The other two were
always "yes".

I did verify that both the "volatile" and "localhost" changes were in there.

Dumb question...  Why would you not always use the _r functions if they
exist?

Wes

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend